Sunday, November 20, 2011

Contestant #2

And now the contest is over.  The new Mr. DC Eagle is Kevin Jordan from Onyx.  Great guy and I know he'll do well.  Looking forward to working with him in the coming year.

All I can say is WOW!  What an experience.  I've been involved in contests before, having filled every position except contestant.  And all that was really only a slight preparation for this ride.

Besides me, there were three other contestants: Kevin, Tim and Omar.  All of them great guys and it was a pleasure and honor to be up there alongside of them.  WOOF!!!!

I was a bit nervous going into the weekend (probably normal), and the energy levels ran high all through it (and beyond).  Began to relax as it progressed, especially after the interview.  That part was daunting right up until the questions started.  In hindsight, I think I did okay in that part.

The stage parts were absolutely fun.  It was an experience I can't fully describe going through it with these guys.  All of us looking out for each other, pep talks, and rooting each other on.

Didn't win.  Yeah, wee bit of a disappointment.  We all would have like to have taken home the title. But I know I have nothing to be ashamed of, that I did my best, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.   Nothing is going to change as far as the things I already do out there in the community, and I actually have a new ally.

And right now I can think of at least 14 friggin dwarf names!

No comments:

Post a Comment