Thursday, June 30, 2011

As the 3rd Term closes

Tonight, the DC boys of Leather celebrated 12 years of brotherhood and commitment to the community.  With it came a close to my third term as president of the DC boys.  I can honestly say I welcome this closing, not so much from being relieved, but from a sense that I accomplished what I set out to do.  Definitely a far cry from the wistfulness at the end of the 2nd term three years ago.  It was a good year, and it was a fun year. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This club has been a major part of my growth as a pup and leatherboy, even before I joined back in 2003.  I'm not sure what my path in the leather community would have been without it.  Having been allowed the honor of serving the club by leading it has been rewarding in so many ways.  Some tell me I've given a lot to the club, but I know that's small compared to what I've gotten out of it.  To all of my brothers, past and present, I say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment