Friday, October 12, 2012

Readiness


How does someone ever really know they’re ready to take the Dom role and take on a sub (in my case, a boy or service pup)? As I’ve been experiencing growth and change in this area, it’s a question that’s come to mind from time to time, one that was more than a little daunting at first.


Now? Oddly enough, it knocks me away from the complacent zone and reminds me that further growth demands a certain level of discomfort. Challenge should never be comfortable, and growth is nigh on impossible without challenge.

At this time, I can say that there is a boy interested in me as a Dom. A boy who likes to pup out, so that makes it an added bonus in to me. At first I was taken a little aback that this boy would come to see me this way.  The more I look at the last few months, though, I can see that there were subtle signs.  I’m glad I caught one somewhat subtle sign, as that opened the door. The boy is someone I’ve known for awhile and long ago came to respect. Someone whom I’ve come to know embodies many traits I relate to from my own experiences as a leatherboy.

Fortunately, for both of us, there are distinct differences in what he brings to being a leatherboy and my own experiences. Truth be told, I wouldn’t want someone exactly like me.  I know I have a long way to go as a Dom, and I’ll need the challenge of those differences for that growth to happen. Just as fortunate, I have others to whom I can turn for guidance as needed.

So, am I ready? I’m ready to begin exploring the next step, knowing this is one that can’t be taken alone. I’m ready to ask questions, not just of others for guidance, but of myself and of the boy for what we expect and where we see this going. I’m ready to be absolutely sure my husband is very much a part of this process. I’m ready to admit (and already admitting) that this is just as much training for me as a Dom as it will be for a boy under my care. I’m ready to be patient and open to ideas and concepts I haven’t considered.

The one thing I’m NOT is scared. I realized awhile ago there was no need to be.  Come what may, it promises to be interesting and revealing on many levels!

1 comment:

  1. lolz, Harry Potter, you are ready. Time to show up Voldemort, and show us all how its done.

    love and kisses,

    Luna

    ReplyDelete