Sunday, September 15, 2013

Going Forward With a Look Back

It's been no secret that I've been pummeled the last couple months at work with a bad situation that has yet to see resolution. Add to it the frenzied final preparations for Metro Leather Pride and the packed schedule for this fall, it really only makes sense that I've had some occasional moments of feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes I can only wonder how I manage to stay astride of it all. Having the support of my husband and my boy and such good friends has gone along way.

But sometimes through it all I've found a part of myself missing the safety net that came with being a collared pup. That feeling of everything being okay just by Mister's voice or a glance at the collar in the mirror.

Part of it comes from having recently found the camo chew toy Mister J gave me way back when he first took me as his pup. I was so excited when I found it. I thought I'd lost it forever somewhere along the way. As much as I love my leather bone chewie, The camo rope is so much more special. And finding it brought back a flood of good memories. I've since kept it close at paw, just to draw much-needed strength. Silly? Maybe, but it's helped more than I can say.

It's not that I want to go back to that time or to re-enter service as Mister J's pup. I know I can't go back. Nor do I want to give up what I now have. I'm in a good place with my boy and in my journey. I wouldn't give up either for any collar.

It's enough to just remember. There have been other times when Mister J's gentle guidance (or that stern look and reminder) have come into my mind and gotten me through. I've said before - and will always believe - that part of me will always be His Pup Tripp. So much of what I am today is due to what I was given from Mister J.

And it's good to remember. that, while I'm now Sir to one and addressed as such by others at their preference, my roots as a collared pup are still there. Far better is it to look forward knowing what's been than to turn a blind eye on what's gone into making me who and what I am today.

So, once again, thank you, Mister J.

No comments:

Post a Comment