Monday, September 16, 2013

I Am a Pup...


I am a PUP.
 
I am a HUMAN person who has the energy of and sometimes behaves like a CANINE person.
 
I am not a freak who thinks they're a dog. I’m a person who recognizes and expresses a deep part of myself that behaves and responds that way.
 
It doesn’t matter how I look on the outside. The things that make me a pup all come from within.
 
I am not necessarily a submissive. Even if I am, unless I’m wearing your collar, I am not YOUR submissive.
 
I do not have to be down on all fours to be a pup.  But if I am…
 
If you want to approach me and don’t know how, "introduce" yourself. Approach me like you would a bio dog: hand down for me to sniff. If I am being handled or watched by someone, ask them first.
 
Belly rubs and ear scritches are almost always welcome. But, remember, please introduce yourself.

If I’m down on all fours and clearly in some kind of pup headspace, please don’t ask me questions or try to have a conversation with me. Beyond barking for “Yes” or “No,” I probably won’t be able to answer.
 
Do not attempt to feed me real dog biscuits or treats. They are just as bad for me as they are for you.

If you want to give me a treat, make sure it’s something I can have.  Again, ask first. If you don’t see a hander – or if I don’t have one – think twice before offering. I may have allergies you don’t know about.
 
I am not public property for you to poke, prod, yank, spank or otherwise treat disrespectfully.
 
My tail (if I have one) is not there for your amusement. It is there to add to my experience as a pup. To pull on it or otherwise play with it is both disrespectful and physically dangerous.
 
If I growl at you, I have a reason. Stop doing whatever it was that made me growl. I don’t like it.
 
If I yip and wag my tail, then I am a happy pup. Either that, or you have my chewy toy and I want to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment