Monday, July 21, 2014

Wrapping up IPC 2015 Weekend... and Looking Ahead

Just a quick note. This wasn't my step-aside. I'll be posting a video recording of that very soon.

*********************

Barks and Howls on a for a great and successful International Puppy 2015 Contest weekend!

First, I have to give two tails up to all four of this year’s contestants (Pup Frogger, Pup Figaro, Pup Havok, and Pup Wolf). Four excellent contenders for the title who had an amazing energy together. I can tell your class was rockin’ it! You are all winners, nothing less!

Again, congratulations, howls and wags to my new little brother, Pup Figaro, the new International Puppy 2015. A truly incredible pup with so much energy and, for lack of an appropriate term, pupsonality. To see this pup in action is to understand why he actually once kinda intimidated me. That part, though, has long since passed. What remains is the important point that Figaro is a pup I’ve long admired for what he brings to and does for his community. I am honored and privileged to be his title brother.

Now he will be bringing that same energy and drive into his new adventure as IPC’s International Puppy 2015. I have no doubts he will take this title and all it represents forward to new and exciting places. And I know that our pup community pack will welcome, support, and encourage him in all he does just as they did me.

I’m looking forward to working alongside Pup Figaro in the coming months to continue building and promoting our pup community.
Of course, the beginning of his new journey is also brings with it the close of a chapter in mine. Yep, I’m a wuzzie now! The last eight months just flew by, but they were eight months filled with fun times, opportunities to see more of our great pack, and to meet more of the people in it. It was a time of exchanging ideas and experiences toward mutual learning and understanding. A time of touching lives and having mine touched in a way I never thought possible.

These past eight months were a chance to get a message out to the broader leather and fetish community. A message that we are a part of that broader community, that we want to be seen, understood, and respected for what we really are and not by misconceptions and misunderstandings. Every conversation I had was an educational opportunity, and if I opened even one mind to a better understanding of pups, our community pack, or our play, then I call that a success.

These past eight months were a time of getting to know and connect with so many pups as well handlers and others in our community. So many with such an amazing variety of experiences and backgrounds. It truly is phenomenal and humbling to be part of it all. What stands out most, though, are the connections and conversations with those just beginning to explore their inner pup and the pack we’ve built. To have this opportunity to be there for them, to answer questions wasn’t just incredible, but a reminder of my own beginnings.

Yes, all the events I made it too were great fun. But what I will carry forward even more from my time as International Puppy 2014 will be the friendship s and personal connections I made along the way. In the end, this has been and will always be first and foremost about the people - the pups and handlers and everyone who make this pawsome community pack what it is.

I did have two goals set for myself during my title year; ones I knew couldn’t be fully recognized in just eight months. One was to keep doing my part to building up our community pack so that pups everywhere have a place to belong and something to be proud of being part of. The other was to build bridges to the broader leather & fetish community, to break through some of the existing misconceptions and misunderstandings.

I think I achieved some measure of success in those areas, but I also know that we aren’t fully there yet. I will leave it to others to decide just how far I got. Just as I will leave it to others to determine how well I represented our community pack. I can only assure you that I gave it nothing less than my full best, and I tried never taking anything with it for granted.

And now the next chapter of my journey begins. I promise that I won’t fade away now that my title year has drawn to a close. The passion, the dedication – event the love – I have for our community pack is too strong for me to just stop. My own inner pup is too deeply connected to his pup brothers and sisters. There are still things I hope to accomplish. More importantly, there is still so much for me to learn.

So this isn’t really farewell. This is just a door to the next part of the journey. This is still an exciting time for the pup community pack. A time for all of us to work together to meet the challenges that lie ahead and to shape our future into what we want it to be. And there is no way I can be sad when I have so many pup brothers and sister to be with as we get there!

ARUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment