Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One Pack!

I confess myself disappointed by a recent post on Secrets that surfaced. A post that comes in the wake of an outstanding IPC 2015 weekend. One that is blatantly hostile toward one of the contestants. It saddens me that so dark a cloud has eclipsed the brightness of a weekend that drew our pack together. A cloud that dims the our future because of the ugly shadow it casts.

One of the messages I strived to champion is just how strong and vital our pack is. I've promoted it before my title year, determinedly-so during my time as International Puppy, and I will continue in that same vein. During my step-aside, I said that, as a pack, we have to take care of our own.

Those weren't meant to be just empty words. I have seen so much that reassures me that so many of us share that same belief. And I have seen enough to know it's important that we rally behind it. We, as a pack, have great reason to take pride in ourselves and what we've accomplished so far, together and for each other.

We hear often that we want to be seen and respected for who and what we are as pups and as a pack. To gain that respect from the outside, we have to show respect for each other within as well. A pack is only as strong as everyone within it. To be seen as strong, we have to be strong.

No, we won't necessarily like one another. We're pups, but we're human - and as humans we will have differences. But those differences do not have to preclude treating each other with a modicum of respect.

Former titleholder or not, I am proud to call the pups in this pack my brothers and sisters. I am proud of how we, as a pack, have time and again come together to support each other in times of need and share in times of happiness. I'm proud because that is the face we're being seen with.

Let's not lose that. Let's not lose those very things that bind us together!

One pack! One Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment