Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Speech from International Puppy contest

I've been asked to share my speech from the International Puppy contest. The recording of it didn't work out very well, so I'm putting up what I originally laid out. It didn't come out quite the same way onstage, but pretty close, and the point was still there.


Good evening Friends, Pups & Handlers, Honored Judges

If I could have one wish, it would be to have my pupbrother Timber here with us. He was a pup long before we came together as we now are, and he would be so proud to see what we've become.

Timber was more than a friend or brother. He was an inspiration. Just by being himself, he taught me that I could embrace and be proud of my own inner pup. More importantly, he taught me that you don't have to be down on all fours to be a pup 24/7. What matters is what's in your heart.

That's the gift he gave me, and it's one I try to share wherever I go. Not just with other pups, but with the entire community. That it's not what we look like or what we wear. Not even how we play. It's about being proud of what we are.

So to my pupbrothers and sisters, I say this. Lift your heads and howl. Howl from your hearts. Listen to it and feel it. Because THAT is the sound - and power - of puppy pride!

Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment