Monday, December 12, 2011

Something new...or is it?

I guess it’s fair to say I’ve taken another step in my journey.  While not necessarily a gigantic one, it’s one that cracks open a door into a different part of myself.

After careful thought and consideration – and a good deal of discussion amongst a few people, I have taken on the role of Alpha to boy zech (aka pup zinger).  We’ve been clear that iIt’s not a D/s relationship.  It’s an addition to what’s become an already strong friendship.  It’s more of a mentoring, with me in a position of some authority (still deferring to restrictions from both Mister J and Zech’s Daddy, of course.)  There’s no collaring involved (although he will receive a tag with his pup name on it).  When he’s here, it puts him under my wing.

So, there will be a small element of consensual imbalance, but not anything near the degree that defines a D/s relationship.

Yes, I welcome this.  It’s going to be a learning experience for both of us.  It has the support of the key people around us (Ken, Mister J, Daddy John), as well as our friends who know.  It’s not a sudden thing, either.  I wasn’t surprised when Zech first asked – we’d kind of hit around it before anyway.

But, also, something about this scares the hell out of me.  It’s not that I’m afraid this could damage a strong friendship.  If I thought that likely, we wouldn’t be doing this.  It’s from knowing I’m beginning to explore a new part of myself.  One that I’ve kind of known was there – and have no idea what I’m supposed to do with.

But I can’t hide from that fear either.  Guess it’s time to face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment