Monday, May 7, 2018

We Are ALL Worthy...

In the face of close-minded judgment, I can say only this:
I've known love, and given love with all my heart
I've loved and lost - and risen to love again.
I've given trust only to have it broken, but gone on to trust again.
I've held fast to my dreams and faith when I thought I had reason to surrender.
I've known the agony of betrayal yet risen to forgive
I've known deep pits of despair but risen again to hope anew,
I've endured the darkness and been pulled by love back into the light.
In turn I've been the hand of friendship guiding back a lost soul.
I've looked into the eyes of hate and known pity.
I've shared tears with hearts broken and grieving
And I've been healed by hearts sharing my joy and pain.
I've strived to listen with my heart not judge though a mind closed.
And I've chastised myself when I came up short of the mark.
I've learned to see difference as beauty in the world
I've strived to lift people up, to bring out the beauty within, not cast people aside without care.
I've learned to see imperfections not as fault but as those exquisite flaws in a diamond that give it depth and immeasurable value.
Through my body I've taken my mind to places undreamt, and through my mind I've conquered fear that could have destroyed everything.
When the day comes that all I've done is called into account, I will not fear. Because I can say "I lived and I loved. I gave and I tried to give to my best. Yet I never gave in to hate. And I would do it all over again."
None of us are unworthy. Each of us is a unique gem of immeasurable value that no one can fully assess.

No comments:

Post a Comment