Monday, May 7, 2018

I Do Not Consent to Your Consenting of Non-Consent!

So, after reading through some articles and posts about consent - complete with some very disturbing replies, I might add - I see I have two choices:
Choice 1) Ascribe to and accept a revisionist justification that that's the way the culture has always been and therefore that is how it should be. That it's all about the instant gratification at the expense of another's personal space and dignity.
-OR-
Choice 2) Say fuck that noise, promote common courtesy and respect for all in out event and social spaces through constructive dialogue and (where needed) direct challenge, and encourage empowerment so that people know they don't have to endure unwanted advances or suffer the trauma that often goes with it.
Well, I know what choice I'm making.
P.S. There is no third choice of just walking away from it all. I'm not known for my ability to just give up and say to hell with everything,
<edited>

No comments:

Post a Comment