Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Parting of Ways

There's really no easy to say it. Tonight, after 3 years, this pup petitioned for and was uncollared and released from Mister J's service.

The decision that brought me to this point was not an easy one. The circumstances involved required a lot of thought and introspection on my part.

Mister J and I, in many ways, started a journey together. He collared me as his pup when he was first emerging as a Dom in our community; I was just beginning to comfortably explore my inner pup. It was initially his idea that he take on the role as my handler, an offer that stunned me at the time.

These three years have been an incredible part of my journey. The service I offered and gave came from the heart; I sought in many things to make him proud of his pup. I did and gave nothing less than my best. At the same time, Mister J gave me more than I can ever thank him for. Through him I found things in me I didn't know were there and a voice (or bark) that many have come to recognize.

I will always look back on these three years fondly and without regret.

We'll go forward now, though no longer as Mister J and pup tripp as a set. My respect for him as a Sir and as a friend are no less than they were. There is still much I hope to learn from him.

Right now, though, my heart is still heavy, and I feel very naked without the collar.  Actually, it hurts like hell...

1 comment:

  1. Big pup hugs. Call me if you want to talk. Your little pup brother is here for you.

    ReplyDelete