Wednesday, May 2, 2012

After CLAW, Part II


In still reflecting on this past weekend at CLAW 11, I realize that there are so many I want to thank for making it the incredibly fantastic weekend that it was.  Without them, it would have just been a trip to another leather gathering; each of them contributed something to making it so much more. I know I'm going to forget someone, and I apologize if I do.

I want to start with the Ohio boys of Leather (Johnny, boy Greg, boy Tom, Rocky) for letting me join you for their Java boys coffee service.  What a way to start the days!  It was a blast and I’d love to do it again. 

To my friends Joe Aiello and Jed Ryan – always great seeing both of you. Maybe I should model more often.

To Robert VanNess (aka beaniepup) – having you as a pup brother is an honor.  Coffee service with you was made that much more fun.

Darren - I don't get to see you often enough! As I've said, I'm so happy for you - for both of you! 

To Chris Roth and his Puppy Boo for all you did to make the pups happy and bring us all together.

Jeremy Morris (Mr. Iowa Leather) – always fun to see you and the added Sunday morning pounce was awesome. You did a great job as Table Captain too! ARF ARF!!

Mama Sandy Reinhardt - Seeing you is always a pleasure. But an extra thank you this time for being in the right place at the right moment.

CB Kirby - WOOF!  I'm going to make it to NYC for Puppy Night, I promise!

Piglet - Just for being you! Any time you want to romp with the pups, go right ahead and do it!

Pup Achilles - Glad we got some time together in the mosh.  

My brother boy john Urso – there aren’t enough words for it all and to Sir John for caring.

My beta, pup Zinger, for my first outing as a handler. 

To Roger (aka Sox), it was great being with you for your first CLAW and thanks for trusting me to be your handler for a night.

Tom Buckley, I can’t thank you enough for everything you did for me this weekend.  You held me up when I needed it most and booted my ass through a door I needed to pass through. I knew going into the weekend you were a true friend; I have a renewed appreciation for how deep that goes.

There is one other person I want to thank, and this one wasn’t actually there.  Or, rather, he wasn’t there physically but definitely in spirit – Mister J.  Three years of service given and lessons learned don’t get forgotten, even if they might be temporarily eclipsed by unresolved hurt and confusion.  I came perilously close to an edge that your voice pulled me back from. You were there one more time when Pup Tripp needed that guiding hand, and for that I can’t ever thank you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment